Inhaling silicon dioxide, the major component of sand and glass, can cause pneumonoconiosis, too. Construction workers who sandblast all day and insulation plant assembly-line workers who inhale glass dust often come down with silicon-based p16. …Those bits are prone to wriggling into lung sacs. Because our lungs regularly deal with carbon dioxide, they see nothing wrong with absorbing its cousin, SiO2, which can be fatal. Many dinosaurs might have died this way when a metropolis-sized asteroid or comet struck the earth 65 million years ago.
–The Disappearing Spoon, Sam Kean
Guys, guys. I think the delicious smell I try to pack as much as possible into my lungs at every new MRT station or at the gap in between the platform and the train very possibly contains a lot of silicon dioxide. DON’T TRY TO TELL ME IT HAS NO SMELL, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
A long long time ago, when I was a young and innocent primary school kid, I used to love going by the waiting school buses because of the smell. That was before I found out carbon monoxide was poisonous. Again, your argument on the odourless properties of carbon monoxide is invalid.
MY NOSE DEFIES SCIENCE
and my preferences defy survival.